Friday, February 18, 2011

The Paleo Diet in a Nutshell Part 1



For those who have not yet heard of this optimizing diet here's a good place to start. It has to do with our ancestral diets as high performing humans during our hunting and gathering days. A time before agriculture and pharmaceuticals. This means no grains, legumes, or dairy. I may seem extreme at first but it is worth it. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now and I am already in the best health of my life. My performance levels have never been better. My physique is highly toned and solid - like our cave man ancestors ;-)

Robb Wolf's book "The Paleo Solution" helps to thoroughly explain this diet in clear terms. He has a 30 day challenge for us to do it strictly and completely. Then we may try our old ways once again to compare these 2 approaches. Contrary to common belief, our bodies are not meant to digest grains - especially in the quantities we consume them.


Ultimately I have so much to say about this, but my passion makes me biased. If you are at all interested in progressing to optimal health you will take time to do some personal research on this Paleo way of life. The effort has to come from your own accord. So do yourself a favor and watch the video on YouTube, check out RobbWolf.com, and/or buy "The Paleo Solution". 

No comments:

Post a Comment