Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Personal Experience

Clothing...

Since I've lost 65-70 pounds (My weight fluctuates between 260-265), my clothing has become a real focus for me. In the past, when I was extremely unhealthy and wanted to hide my body, I wore nothing but big and baggy clothing. Now that I'm healthy and really enjoying my healthy body, I've started to buy clothing that expresses that (Ironically, I shop at Express for clothing, haha).

This article I found actually explains my viewpoint on clothing and how it affects us as humans almost dead on.

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/07/03/14/clothes-psychology-what-your-clothing-tells-others-about-who-you-are-and-who-you-want-to-be.htm

The way we dress can make us feel great, terrible, embarrassed, ashamed, happy, slutty, sexy, sporty, etc. It's really amazing how much better I feel and how much more willing I am, personally, when wearing my dress shirts and ties. I exude such a different attitude. This is not to say that I'm a different person, but I definitely dislike my baggy clothing now-a-days. The better my clothing fits and the classier it makes me look, the more satisfied I feel about showing off the hard work I've put in to my body over the past 2 years.

Give it a try the next time you have spare time. Throw on a pair of clothing that you think you look poorly in. Reflect on how you feel in them, and then throw on your shnazzy outfit and notice how much different you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment